Can not agreed more with all the reviews on this resort in Tripadvisor .. anyway, my version ..
Great stay and home stay experience in FuYam. Very good service and hospitality provided by Chung senior and Ah Khui (Mr Wu). Resort located in the valley surrounded by a lot of green. Though it took about 2.5 hrs to the resort from TaoYuan airport, it worth the travel . Along the way , you can stop over to enjoy some titbits , and enjoy the scenery. Must have a stop over in Da-Si old town. Tried their bean curd (not the smelly one) , Yam rice and the peanut candy .
Go to their website and select the choice of your room. All are nicely done ( wish the bed be softer though ).
Dinner, lunches and breakfast were great .. cooked by Mrs Chung and Ah Khui. Simple Hakka cookings , yet delicious . We finished almost every meals .. clean plate club ! If you see or have carving for certain food , you can also suggest and they might be able to cook for you.
Activities wise .. for a more relaxing stay .. do plan for 3D/2N in Lala Shan. What we did on this trip ..
1) Visited LaLa Shan forest reserved … close encounter with 2000+ yrs old tree
2) Visited Fish Farm
3) Fishing @ LaLa Stream
4) Visited Peach Farm. Fu Yam has a few fruits tree too.
5) Exploring nearby area by foot .. look for Bugs , Butterfly and frogs
My recommendation (for foreigner only) if you planning to try out this place ..
1) Maximize your experience .. stay during local off peak season.
2) Bring some of your local delicacy or cooked food stuff or beverage .. for sharing in dinner time. it would be good to bring along stuff like the ready make packet, Bak-Kut-Teh, Curry Fish Head , dry meat, etc .. or maybe you should cook a dish ..
3) Bring torch light and mosquito repellent .. for wondering @ night
4) Expect good socializing .. mingle with the rest of the guest .. most are friendly
5) If you staying in a few places in Taiwan, they can arrange the trip for you .. for instance, you might want to try Yilan, TaiChung, PengHu, etc .
Lastly, Senior Chung is a very warm and chatty person .. in his best mood, you can sample his liquor collection .. rice wine, red wine, etc .. Hope you have a good trip